First things first. “I gave it a second thought” is the name of my blog. This blog. Just so you know. :))
Why such a name?
Because for a long time, even though the idea of a blog seemed interesting, I didn’t think it’s of any use to my actual development work. It’s only that I gave it a second thought and realized the true importance of writing and having a place, public place, to write down my ideas and thoughts.
I still have a lot of work to do and a long way to go before having enough content and maybe some visitors, but I have to start somewhere. Right?
What will you find here?
Not sure. A little bit of this. A little bit of that. :)) I know, really informative. :)) For the moment, the most important thing to me is starting and I’ve started with a few categories and I’ll figure out the rest on the fly.
Here are the starting categories for the blog:
- Boilerplates – a category for the boilerplates I’m using, as well as for the ones I’m writing myself.
- Game dev – a category for any game development situations I might get myself into.
- Interviews & Challenges – a category with the technical interviews & challenges I’ve encountered.
- Open source – a category for the open source projects I come across, or contribute to.
- Projects – a category for projects I’ll write about.
- Story time – a category for stories in my life. Be it work related or personal.
- Volunteering – a category for the volunteering work in my life.
I’ve also created and (almost) populated a few pages:
- About me – which is actually my resume. My work experience in a timeline manner.
- Development services – a placeholder page to introduce the development services I have to offer.
- Photography – photography is a hobby of mine and this page is meant to showcase my portfolio and services.
- Blog – a place holder page to hold the blog articles.
To sum it all up…
… it’s a long way till this is going to become interesting as I still have a lot to learn, but stick around (or not) and if there’s anything I can help with, let me know. If it’s a popular need, It’ll most likely help me build content for this blog.